Application and Timeline
Interested researchers are invited to attend the „Virtual Information and Networking Event“ on February 18, 2022, 2:00 – 4:00 pm. There you will obtain an introduction to the field of ELM, further information on the application procedure as well as the opportunity to network and initiate collaborations.
Please sign up for the „Virtual Information and Networking Event“ and send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should be a single pdf file including the following documents:
- Cover letter (1 page)
- Outline of the research idea in ELM: state-of-the-art, project aims, materials design, work plan, references (2 pages, Arial 10, single line spacing)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages including up to five most important publications
- Copy of the doctoral certificate or planned date for the PhD defense
- Statement of the participant’s PI that lab space will be provided in the case of funding
The applications will be assessed by the organisers assisted by external referees. Up to 20 participants will be selected.
The DFG grants typically comprise a full-time position for the applicant as well as funds for lab consumables and student assistants. The DFG grants applied for within the frame of this workshop will last for one year and are intended to initiate the research work and obtain preliminary data as a strong basis for follow-up funding frameworks such as DFG Eigene Stelle or Emmy Noether, or equivalent programmes at other funding institutions.
- Virtual Information and Networking Event: February 18, 2022, 2:00 – 4:00 pm via Zoom
- Deadline for submission or your application: April 3, 2022
- In-person workshop and attendance to the Third International Conference on Engineered Living Materials: June 17-23, 2022 (workshop: June 17-21; Conference: June 21-23)
- Virtual workshop „Your Project and Profile“: two half-days within July 18 and 29
- Deadline for submission of the DFG Proposal; October 4, 2022
- Start of funding: 2023
During the project implementation phase, a networking event will be organised in order to connect and strengthen the emerging ELM community in Germany.